Alpine Slurry Tanker
The MAJOR Alpine tanker is a robust vehicle designed and manufactured with the larger producer or contractor in mind. The MAJOR Alpine Tanker is unique in design, in that it has a dropped axle to give a low centre of gravity. As a result it is 340mm lower than a standard MAJOR LGP tanker. This results in less ground pressure than standard axle tankers and minimal ground damage even in wet conditions.
Like the MAJOR LGP tanker, the barrel is supported by a separate chassis. The position of the axle relative to the machine length means that a perfect balance is achieved with 80% of the weight running on the tanker’s axle and the remainder being carried on the tractor drawbar.
The tanker is baffled to prevent ‘wave’ motions during transport. It is mounted on wide support wear plates to spread the weight reducing tension and stress. 6” filler points are placed on the sides and rear of the tank. These tankers can be galvanised or painted as requested. All MAJOR LGP and Alpine tankers are fitted with hydraulic brakes and side and rears lights as standard. This is in full compliance with regulations for agricultural vehicles.
There are three sizes available: 2150, 2300 and 2670 gallons.
- Heavy duty dropped commercial specification axle
- Hydraulic braking system as standard
- Internal baffle plates prevent wave motions during transport
- Safety breakaway cables for safer use on roadway
- Rubber buffers on drawbar for smoother journey
- Swivel hitch and foldable PTO stand
- Full road lighting kit
- Choice of painted or galvanised finish
Available to order